ODESSA INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (OIMU) welcomes foreign citizens to join 2020-2021intake!
Classes will start from 1st of September and students can apply for any of the following specialties:
- POSTGRADUATE SPECIALTIES
- LANGUAGE COURSE/PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT
In order to get admission in Odessa International Medical University (OIMU), there are four steps to follow:
STEP 1: APPLICATION
In order to apply the student should send to our e-mail following documents and specify the course of study:
- A copy of the international passport or ID card (valid for at least 1 year);
- A copy of higher secondary school certificate (with mentioned subjects and grades in it).
On our website, students can find the list of available specialties, fee structure, facilities and other information which can help in making a decision.
STEP 2: INVITATION LETTER
To get an invitation letter from Odessa International Medical University (OIMU) we require the following documents:
- A copy of the international passport with personal data on the main page (valid for at least 1 year);
- A copy of higher secondary school certificate (with mentioned subjects and grades in it);
NB! All listed documents are to be scanned properly and clearly readable.
The invitation letter will be issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine within 3-7 working days. After receiving a hardcopy of the ORIGINAL invitation letter, the student can take the next step.
STEP 3: VISA
Once the hardcopy of the invitation letter from Odessa International Medical University (OIMU) is received, the student needs to collect necessary documents for visa application and contact the nearest Ukrainian Embassy in his/her country or VFS.
In order to enter the territory of Ukraine and join the study at Odessa International Medical University (OIMU), the student should apply for visa type D with multiple entries option.
Required documents to apply for visa:
- passport and photocopy of the first page;
- fill online Visa Application Form;
- one coloured photo 35 mm x 45 mm;
- original invitation and its photocopy;
- original of birth certificate;
- original of school-leaving certificate of secondary school (college) record with enclosed statement of results (transcript of marks received);
- original Bachelor's degree with supplements if the student applies for PD/PhD course;
- medical certificate of general fitness;
- bank statement;
- valid health insurance.
NB! Please be informed that all educational documents must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country in which the document was issued and legalized/bear Apostle stamp of the Ukrainian Embassy in student’s country.
STEP 3: ARRIVAL
Once the student receives the visa and books a flight ticket, he/she must inform the staff of OIMU admissions department about arrival by sending copies of flight ticket and visa and provide with the valid contact number. This information should be sent 5 days before the student’s trip in order to enable OIMU staff to organize his/her arrival properly.
One of OIMU representative will receive the student at the airport and arrange hostel settlement.
In case the student does not inform us about his/her arrival, he/she shall be deported back to the homeland.
The student should make sure before leaving his/her country that all required documents are taken which must be submitted for the admission at the International Department of Odessa International Medical University (OIMU):
- Original invitation letter
- Original School Certificate and marksheet (should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country in which they were issued and legalized by the Embassy of Ukraine).
- Original Bachelor’s Degree with supplements (only for those students who will study PG, PhD courses) (should be attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country in which they were issued and legalized by the Embassy of Ukraine).
- Original Birth certificate (should be translated and attested by the Embassy of Ukraine).